Thursday, June 15, 2006

the night

"ano payag ka na?" he asked getting annoyed.
"no i dont want to!" i answered combatively.
"eh bakit?"
"eh sa ayoko, coz i just dont do those kinda things." is all i said.

i know i know, most of you would think the obvious but no, he wasn't asking me to sleep with him, he was actually asking me to go to the prom with him. See here's the thing, i dont like wearing dresses let alone a "gown" so this idea of me getting all made up and going to a formal party is a big no-no, and of course i feel guilty of even saying no considering Iam now the girlfriend. Yes! "the girlfriend" damn straight! but the thought of him bringing me to his school and introducing me this buds is just too much of a thought for me, oh yeah by the way he goes to an exclusive school, so i would think that most of the guys there would be bringing in lots of hot gals, i mean it's going to be a beauty fest there for all i know, so i decided to not go with him...

"besides, ano naman isusuot ko dun di ba?" i asked trying to drop the subject.
"bibili tayo, pati gown, dress everything sumama ka lang.." he pleaded
"naku mike gagastos lang tayo, hindi na ayoko talaga."

so he just siged and turned his back on me. he was just frustrated because after all the pleading and all the beeseching he got nothing out of me and when i saw this, it broke my heart seeing him like this

"mike! kainis ka naman, sige sige na nga if you wanted me to go that much then we'll go.." the you could just see how happy he was, he's face just lit up.
"talaga?! ok! sige sige, we'll get whatever dress you want! yes!!!" then with that he gave me a huge sloppy kiss on the lips. right then i knew that wearing a stupid gown would be worth it.

so there we were in the mall trying to pick the dress the i want but unfortunately there was none, as in nada.. zip! i was already getting frustrated with everything.. from choosing the dress, down to choosing the right pair of shoes...

"mike, sure ka ba na kelangan ko pa mag formal ek ek na to?" he just looked at me and said.
"look trix, if you're trying to get off this, trustme you wont be able to." he smiled at me and he was sooo cute i have to kiss him which i did.
"eh kasi ang sakit na ng paa ko, ang sakit na ng ulo ko wala pa din tayong mahanap!"
"naman 'to, and you're suppose to be the girl here, ikaw dapat yung patient sa shopping, not me."
"Arrrggghhh! this is just sooo frustrating! lam mo mike i think its better for me to go get mags nalang and then maybe she could just go ahead and help me out, what do you think?"
"so are you trying to say, im not much of a help?" he asked trying to tease me.
"hindi naman, but dont you think its time i ask for a women's help?" i said snuggling to him.
"ok ok sige text mo nlang si mags, and asked her to meet you out here sa mall. then i'll leave you girls to your shopping ok?"
"Ok. thanx mike!" i said happily

so i sent her a message and she happily agreed to meet me at the mall, damn! im so luck to have a good boyfriend. so i met up with her and again went around the mall to find a dress and binggo! we found the right one. why is it so much easier to be with a gal pal to go shopping around with? and of course maggs will help me out to do my make up and my hair, wait a second? im starting to sound like a girlie girl.. ewww...im even acting like one... OMG! this is bad!

so the much awaited night came and i was so nervous and my palms was just doing its overtime sweatin' grrr.... i hate it when hands do that, but i cant believe what i was seeing when i was standing infront of the mirror...

"wow trix! parang hindi ikaw ah?" mags exclaimed.
"i know..." i was just staring at myself surprised what magic make up and a dress could do.
"mags, baka pagtawanan ako ni mike nito, hindi pa parang ang kapal ng make up ko?"
"hindi yan, ganda bagay sa yo, you should wear make up more often."
"tsk tsk, grabe ha kakagulat ichura ko, hindi ba ko mukang bakla sa ermita niyan?"
"si trix kung anu anong naiisip, just relax and have fun tonight, im sure magugustuhan ni mike yung suot mo."
"mags! mags!" that was mag's mom shouting from downstairs, "si mike andito na."
"naku shet! mags kinakabahan ako!" i said trying to wipe off my hands.
"yes ma! baba na kami" she called out, then she turned at me "Oh trix andyan na si mike ah, in fairness on time siya", she said looking at her clock by the nightstand. "basta i need you to relax and try to enjoy the night you look great."
"ok." was all i could say then i took a deep breath and started down the steps.

you wouldnt believe how nervous i was, and when i was climbing down the stairs i felt like i was that girl from she's all that... hindi nga lang ako nahulog sa hagdan. so i was just watching my steps and when i finally got to the bottom, mike was there and he was just staring.
"wow! ayos ah, ngayon lang kita nakitang ganyan.. i like it. thanks mags!" he said looking at her and waving
"you like? ang weird ng feeling eh, hindi din kasi ako sanay."
"i like it, you look stunning! tara na para mapagmalaki na kita sa mga kabarkada ko." he said.

So we drove in silence on our way to his prom thing and i can see from the side that he kept on looking.
"ano? kakainis naman to eh." i asked starting to get conscious.
"eh kasi naninibago ako eh, you look different and dont get me wrong you are so beautiful with the dress and all. dapat i should ask you out on formal stuff more often." he said beaming at me.
"sira!" i said as i smacked him playfully on his shoulder. " huli na to ah, im not used to this kind of stuff.
so basically we just started talking about the prom and what to expect and he would compliment me ever so often, it was actually the only time that i felt that i was really beautiful thanks to him. as we were fast approaching the hotel, mas lalo akong kinabahan, not only would i be facing most of his buds but i'd be around prettier girls. competition! i guess it's a woman's thing but everytime you come around with so many girls, you'd always compare yourself to them no matter how much your boyfriend tells you that you're beautiful.

"trix, you ok?"
"yeah im fine, kinakabahan lang ako." i said nervously.
"dont worry hindi naman kita iiwan, magkakampi tayo remember. i'll be here."

and so he took my hand and we walked in the hotel. the hotel was grandeur. It has an awesome design and have that underwater effect. they have the blue and white theme for the school colors and they have an awesome dj too.. so there we were standing awkwardly at the door as he led me to meet his friends, i was so nervous i guess he felt that because he squeezed my hand tight trying to tell me that everything's going to be ok.

"hey guys.. i want you to meet trixie... my girlfriend."

and after he said that i knew everything was going to be ok.

4 comments:

^^ said...

oh well... i guess... everything went well right??? heex... but... geex... maybe u shud do make ups more often then... hahax... since he likes it... how's everything then??

tricci18 said...

@ enoch.. yeah its something like that.. how'd you know? nice!

myownhamartia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
myownhamartia said...

You are such a sap, trix! A girly-girl, lovey-dovey, hopeless romantic. Hehe. Well, good for you I guess. I mean, I can't remember any part of my eventful dating life(pre-Chris era) without going "Eek!" During those days I felt the way you did too but looking back I feel like I was just a silly girl then. Your "Mike" era must have been reaaaaaaally special. Tell me who "Mike" is and I'm gonna ask Chris! Hehehe!