Monday, April 13, 2009

or so i thought...

So the rest of the semester was a blur for me… fun but it went in a blur. I partied left and right, went out with my friends, went to places here and there.. I finally felt free.. and I was thinking
“ so this how it feels like to be on your own!!! Ahhhh.. the taste of freedom, its so intoxicating!”

I even come to class drunk one time… not totally drunk but “tipsy” it was all fun for me… as the semester was winding down I started to feel empty, I started to feel and asked myself,

“is there all there is to it? is there anything else that I need to get my hands on and try?” parang may kulang ata.”
This is when I phoned a friend from home, si bhing.

“hi bhing kamusta?” I asked rather hesistantly. I mean I haven’t spoken to her ever since I went my partying ways.

“Aba, nabuhay ka! Ok naman ako ganun pa din naman, busy sa school. Ikaw?” sounding surprised. I can even picture her face, looking like she has a huge question mark on her forehead.

“Ok lang din, eto busy din sa orgs, chaka sa kung anu ano pa…bhing, pasensya ka na ha, kung lately I’ve been out of it, na overwhelm lang din siguro ko sa mga nangyayari sa buhay ko dito sa Manila. Parang for the first time lang I felt free from everything.” I hope you understand.” I said apologetically.

“don’t worry ok lang naman eh, lam ko naman na may mga mangyayaring changes but its all in the past na, so I guess we just need to move on and forget it.” she said quite pleased.
“may tanong lang din ako, have you heard anything from Mike? I mean how is he? Is he ok na?” I asked with that strong concern in my voice that I couldn’t masked.

“si mike, I guess he’s coping but you know what I felt so sorry for him, last time that we talked, we talked for hours on end, hanggang medaling araw trix, he cant get over the fact that you just finished your relationship like that, ang hirap para sa kanya eh.” She said with much unhappiness in her voice.

Then she went on, on how she and him were talking about on how sad he is and how he got depressed and started stopping to go to his classes. I felt so bad for him and started realizing how dumb I am for giving up someone who was willing to give up so much for me, for our relationship. I wanted to call him and ask him myself but I was too chickened out to do so, I felt that it wasn’t time yet. Siguro I’ll call him after the semestral break nalang, by then everything would’ve cleared out na siguro. Baka pareho na din naming kelangan ng time to be at least apart. I mean we already are, pero baka ito na yung time na para naman sa kanya.

“ ok bhing, sige thanks a lot for looking after him ha. Finals ko na this Friday then sem break na.. uwi na din ako this Friday, baka naman by then I’ll be able to clear my head.”

“clear your head? For what? Hayaan mo nalang din muna siya trix. Baka kelangan niya din ng time eh.”

With that we both said our “byes” and planned on seeing each other during the break.

The week went by pretty fast, finals finally was done and I was home free!!

“mom??? I home! San ka?” I shouted when I came in our front door.”

“dito ko nak, sa kitchen.”

Wow the adobo smells really good as it wafted the whole entire house down to my hungry nose and made my stomach growl with hunger. I went in the kitchen and my mom was busy cooking and dicing.

“oh, kamusta finals? She asked me.

“ok naman, ganun pa din, I think I did ok.” I answered giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

“o siya sige na magbihis ka na and maghain dadating na din daddy mo then kakain na tayo.. o nga pala nag overseas ang kuya mo from the states and he said that he wants to see you and ysa for the break. Puntahan niyo na din at kawawa naman din ang kuya niyo dun, tutal naman din wala din kayong plans for this break di ba? She looked at me and waited for me to answer.

“ah talaga?” I answered quite enthused. “wala naman po, pero sige ok din yun para Makita
a din naming si kuya. My big bro works in the stated and its been a few months now since we last saw him. And as I was changing into my pambahay I started thinking baka nga kelangan ko din to, pahinga from everyone dib a? magandang get away na din to and plus I get to see my kuya, not a bad idea at all.then it came to thought, paano si mike? How am I going to talk to him and make amends? I guess it can wait.. ano ba naman yung a few weeks di ba? Oh what the heck so states it is…

No comments: