Tuesday, June 23, 2009

And I'm back...

"whew! grabe naman talaga ang init dito sa pinas..." i exclamied to my sister when we were boarding off the plane. We had a 3 week vacay with my older brother in the states. It was worth it! refreshing and at the same time relaxing on my part. Away from all the "chismis." we made some good friends too, which makes me miss them more as i boarded off the plane. My sister and i promised them that we'll come back and spend more time with them over the summer.

As we were approaching customs and walking this long hallway...memories cam flooding back in of what happend before my semestral break, and now am wondering how everything is. "is he ok now?" "has he recovered from it all?" I thought. "Huy ate, ikaw na." my sister said nudging me from behind." so we checked out of customs ok and walked o way to the "balikbayan area." it was exciting to be back home, familiar smell, familiar surroundings and of course the feeling of being totally home!" My folks picked us up, gave each other hugs and kisses and our kamustahans on how everyone is, how kuya is, and everyone else.

"grabe I missed my bed!" i said as i was on the phone with my best bud Bing. "grabe its been awhile din ah, 3 weeks is a long vacation." she said. so we exchanged our stories on what went on over the break, obviously trying to dodge and avoid the inevitable conversation about "you know who." but i cant help but asked. " so kamusta si mike?" i asked quietly. there was a long pause and an awkward silence. "ok naman siya, hindi din namin masyado nakikita eh, he's been quite busy with their business and balita ko may bagong gf na din." she said nonchalantly. " Ah talaga?!" i said in disbelief but tried to hide my surprise and tried sounding calm. "good for him." i added. Bing didnt seem to notice the regret in my voice. " oo nga eh at least di ba, wala na sa yo ang attention, good luck nalang sa girl." and we both laughed at the idea. "so gaano na daw sila katagal? parang ang bilis naman ata?" i asked. " na meet ata ni mike from his class eh, tas yun hanggang sa they started going out and i think nadala niya pa yung girl sa Baguio with his family, o di ba close na agad sa family niya?" she said with a little intrigue in her voice. " oh di mas ok nga sa kanila kasi nga at least tanggap ng family niya di ba?" so anyway to cut the story short, we just changed the subject and started talking about some other stuff.

There were so much things to do and that kept my mind off of mike. I have to register for classes, go get books, get my supplies ready. I feel like i have so little time left to get ready for the semester, but i was able to nail it in the nick of time. Whew! I have at least a weekend before school starts again, and plus i have to get over my jet lag. Dang! there were so many things running thru my mind, theyre running so fast too and i dont know which one to take care of first! itutulog ko nalang din muna and i think i deserve a rest na din , maybe thats what i need to take my mind off things....

No comments: